Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just a little something I read...

To those of you still reading our blog over winter break...

I started reading I Peter the other day, and a verse stood out to me that I had seemingly overlooked before. "These [trials] have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory & honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." v.7


It just puts things into perspective by comparing something that is so highly valued in this world to a faith that is strong in the Lord. This gives us hope when we face trials--they come only to strengthen your faith in Christ so you'll be prepared when He comes back for us. When you look at it in that light, all of the day to day trials you face don't seem so bad. These trials only shape us to be more like Him, and keep our eyes on eternity.

No comments: