Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Psalm 27:4

I ran across this verse today. It just seemed to stand out among the rest.

“One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.” Psalm 27:4

What a beautiful thing to seek! How wonderful would it be to constantly dwell in His presence? If only our human nature would stay out of the way and let us become perfect followers of Christ, seeking Him in everything, gazing upon His beauty, all the days of our life. God, we ask this of You, that You would put a desire in our hearts, a passion, a fire in our souls to only thirst for You and what You have for our lives. We want You to be the Ruler of our hearts and our souls. Take control of our wills, Lord!

2 comments:

Phil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.